Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pan that Product: Update #1

After the first week of this first project pan I've been doing I can tell you all one thing. It's hard using up products you aren't in love with.

There are a few products that are leaving the lineup and will be being replaced by others. First, the Lab Series for Men moisturizer has already left, despite how wonderful it feels on the skin, because my man was looking for a moisturizer now that it's getting colder as he spends his days on delivery trucks for his job and the elements take a toll on his sensitive and dry skin just like they do on mine. so I decided rather than buying him anything full sized I would get him some samples to see what he likes best so I passed that deluxe sample on to him so he could have something to start with. I replaced this with a perfume sample from Michael Kors in White Luminous Gold. Next, is the MUA gloss in baby pink which, as I stated in my original post for this project, is not a color I liked for my skin tone after having purchased it and brought it home. I will be passing this on to my best friend for use on her wedding day coming up and replacing it with a Bath and Body Works gloss I received as part of a holiday gift a few years ago. There is no shade name, but it is a Liplicious tasty lip color in the flavor Fresh Mulberry. It does taste kind of berry-ish, but I couldn't tell you if it was mulberry or not. It's a beautiful purple-berry perfect for winter. It's sheer, but pigmented enough to add color to the lips. It's thick without being tacky. If I could find another of this formula I would love it. Anyway, it's about a third of the way finished, but given how much I love it I can't help but worry it will go off if I don't finish it soon and I might as well get some use out of it before then.

I'll also be adding in an extra product as well. I'm throwing in my travel size of the It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Mascara, which I will talk about in an upcoming post and tell you all why I've decided to pan it.

I've been having trouble using a lot of the other products, but I've been trying really hard to get them all going. My hardest to use product has been the green eyeliner from Avon, because although it is a dark and somewhat muted color I have been hesitant to use it for some reason. I've made minor progress on the liquid liner from Hard Candy, but not much. It's hard to want to use something I dislike the applicator on so much, but I'll get there. The dual ended Milani eyeliner has had a decent amount of progress on the gunmetal side, but I'm unsure how to use up the glitter side as of yet. This isn't too bad, I've been wearing it on the water line as well as smudged on the upper lash line for a quick and easy look for work. It transfers a lot, and neither side of the pencil really sets, so there's little staying power with it but it's easy enough to get through that I will continue working.

The lash primer, the face primer, the perfume, and the taffy lip balm have made no progress at all, mostly because I have been bad about pushing myself to use them. The other lip balm, the colored lip balm, the hand lotion and the new perfume sample live in my car at the moment to help me use them up, and it's working quite well. The colored lip balm and the perfume sample are my go to products when I'm going to work and after the gym on my way to school.

I use the face lotion any time I happen to be near the vanity and happen to not be wearing makeup, since my skin is dry and it has been quite chilly and windy here lately it's always good to hydrate and moisturize the skin as much as I can. It's about halfway gone at this point and I look forward to using it up and moving back to my beloved hyaluronic acid moisturizer that I've fallen in love with.

I need to make more progress on the foundation and potted eyeliner. I've used them once or twice, mostly because I haven't had much reason to get dolled up, but I'm hoping with the holidays coming up I can get more use out of them in the coming months.

I'm happy to report though that I did completely use up the Burt's Bees watermelon lip balm that was almost gone. I went to twist it up this week and found it wouldn't roll up any further, and I'm in no need to scrape it out of the base so I'm just going to go ahead and throw it away. I am undecided if I'm going to add another item to the project to replace this one, or if I will just continue working on what is already in it.

Stay Beautiful Ladies
BNB

No comments: