Monday, October 31, 2016

Disappointing Beauty Tools

We all hate to find that one thing that just doesn't work for us, but sadly it's bound to happen once in a while. Here's a couple of tools I wasn't impressed with.

The first tool is my Travalo travel fragrance sprayer. I got this at TJ Maxx about 6 months ago, right before I went on my summer vacation, and I filled it up a little bit of the way with my favorite big bottle of perfume so I could travel lighter and not worry about a broken bottle of discontinued fragrance that I couldn't replace.

I liked how easy it was to fill, and that I could see how full it was. It was important to me that I bought one that could be filled without the perfume touching the air and changing scents, which was why I specifically went for this brand, but alas months later I am disappointed. After a while I started noticing that my purse smelled like my fragrance, and the sprayer nozzle was always wet, even when I kept it standing up at all times. I'm not sure how, but my sprayer leaks from what appears to be the sprayer top separation no matter how it is positioned in my bag. and I know this because for the last 2 months it has been sitting standing up, undisturbed and not sprayed, and it has now somehow ended up empty. As convenient and awesome as this product seems it feels like I wasted my money since this bottle wastes my perfume instead of making it easy to have it with me on the go and not have to worry about it spilling or spraying where it doesn't belong.

The second tool that disappointed me was the beauty 360 travel eyelash curler. This seemed like a good idea at the time to save space in my makeup bag and not worry about bent curlers in my checked baggage on a plane. Sadly, it doesn't work that great... It doesn't give me a visible curl, let alone one that lasts all day. It doesn't fit all my lashes and I have to curl in three sections, which creates an unevenly curled lash line. It's bulky and almost hard to put close to my eye because of instincts that make you uncomfortable with thing near your eyes, and I use a regular eyelash curler every day. Finally, when you try to curl your lashes at the root it pulls on your lashes instead of curling them. I was hopeful this would become a travel necessity for me, but instead it has become a huge disappointment.

Remember that not every tool or product is made for everyone, and know you will be disappointed here and there. Accept it, and make the best of it.

Stay Beautiful Ladies,
BNB

No comments: