Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Perfume Trials

Over the years I've received various perfume samples with my orders from beauty companies. Though I've been hooked on my current perfume for years and I never wear anything else on the shelf, it felt like maybe it was time to try a few other options and see if I've picked the right one. I'll tell you what decision I came to at the end of the post, but for now here is the list of samples I tried.

Cotton T-shirt by Clean
Imari Mystique by Avon
Bali Bliss b Avon
Just Play by Avon
Far Away Dreams by Avon

Each of these perfumes were very different in scent profile from my normal perfume with Imari Mystique being more similar to my favorite perfume with musky and floral notes. Cotton T-shirt is a very subtle clean, fresh scent very different from my normal scent profile. It seems much more suited to someone who doesn't like floral or fruity perfumes. Just Play was a more fruity note with a clean and fresh finish somewhat similar to cotton T-shirt, also suitable for someone who doesn't like strong perfumes. Far Away Dreams was a very powdery fresh scent, almost like baby powder. Bali Bliss was a floral fresh scent

My perfume is a musky, slightly spicy, floral perfume from Avon and Fergie called Outspoken. I am completely in love with it after many trials of perfumes in the first few years of wearing perfume and buying makeup. The perfumes I've bought have all come from Avon or companies affiliated with them, like Mark. The only perfume close that I tried before Outspoken was Rebel Rose by Mark, which was a lovely musky, rose scent but it was missing something that Outspoken has which made me fall in love with it and made it my holy grail perfume for years now.

No comments: