Wednesday, August 19, 2015

This Month's VoxBox: Sally Hansen

Airbrush Legs Makeup Smooth on Perfect Legs in Light

I was sent this product for free from Influenster and Sally Hansen as a VoxBox for trial and rating. I had no part in purchasing this item and I am also not being sponsored in return for a positive review.

I had thought of trying the original spray on version of this product, but was instead sent the cream version as part of the review program for Influenster. Unfortunately, I'm not very happy with the way the cream turned out on me, and it really turned me off to trying the spray can as well.

First, the color was tanner than I am, which would be fine if I intended to apply the product all over my body, but with how much darker than me it is it would be way too noticeable. Next, the color oxidized on my leg and turned very orange, looking like a very bad fake tan. It goes on very sheer as well which was unexpected considering the claim that it will make my legs perfect. It was unable to cover bruises and scars, and even worse it settled into my pores all over my legs making me look spotted. Also, It claims to be water resistant and to not transfer once set, but unfortunately when I applied it and left it to set for 5 minutes, at which point it wasn't tacky at all, before putting a piece of tissue over my leg and gently rubbing the product came off. It also states that it can be removed with water and a rag, so I'm not sure if water resistant is a truthful claim. I'm very sad to say that as much as I had high hopes for this product I cannot say I would recommend this product to anyone who needs any kind of major coverage like I do, or to anyone who spends as much time outside and around water as I do either.

I intend to try the Airbrush Face makeup in the near future, but I will be passing this sample on to someone who will get better use from it than I will. I'll let you guys know what I think of the Airbrush Face product when I have time to pick it up and try it.

Stay beautiful, Ladies!

BNB

No comments: