Friday, May 24, 2013

The Smoking Gun

I've started recently adoring the idea of a bold, smoky eye as a daytime look. Whether it be plain black or gun metal grey it never serves me wrong. Most of the time I stay away from multiple bold colors because it makes blending faster and easier to accomplish, but when I have the time to mess with it, I will spend the extra time to add a bold colorful tone to the mix.

My go-to look look for a smoky eye is to first line the lid in black liquid liner. Then cut the crease with a solid matte black shadow. Finally finish it off by filling in the lid with a shiny black or dark grey.

To add color simply put it in place of one of the two colors already used. Use a matte color for the crease and either a matte or a shine for the lid.

Make sure to blend the lid colors if you plan to use more than one (which can be a really cool look if you like rainbows), but don't blend them into your crease color so you can keep the sharper edge.

No comments: