Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Balanced and Beautiful

Wet 'N Wild Correcting Palette

Four different shades for creating the perfect face. Yellow to cancel out any blue color from veins and bruising, green to cancel out redness from skin irritation and acne, purple for covering dark spots and neutralizing yellow tones in things like bruising. The fourth color is a pearl white cream highlighter to accentuate the natural features of the face.

I can't speak for the purple color, as I haven't had a reason to use it yet, but the highlighter and the yellow and green colors are beautiful to blend and give great coverage and cancellation of unwanted colors. The highlight is a very gentle pearlized cream which is nice for me because it gives you a more dewy finish to the skin rather than more chunkier glitter which reflects more light, but can look shiny and mimic oiliness. The highlighter isn't my favorite, but I do like it. I'm more of a fan of using the yellow side of my Hard Candy Sunburst Ombre Blush. The yellow color works great for covering blue tones from veins around the eyes and on the face. I've used this multiple times to cover dark circles under my eyes from late nights of studying followed by insufficient amounts of sleep. I've also used it to cover a large vein that shows on my upper chest when I wear lower cut clothing. I've been using green cover up for ages to help cancel out acne redness, sunburn, and other facial redness. I like the formula and blendability of the product in this palette, but I'm still partial to my Physician's Formula stick because it blends in a bit better when using liquid foundation. I've noticed with the one from Wet 'N Wild that it the green becomes a little too sheer because the liquid foundation will move the product around.

No comments: