Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ombre with Ease

Hard Candy Ombre Lipstick in Playful

I'm iffy on this one to be totally honest with you, ladies. I had heard a lot of good things about this lipstick before I went out and purchased it for my own use. However, I am not as happy with it as I thought I would be. I'm not entirely crazy about the color I bought, because for whatever reason the peachy tone on the one side comes off very orange on my lips. I'm also a bit upset with the smell of the product, because it reminds me of crayons which kind of turns me off to wearing it. Finally, the sheer size of the packaging versus how much product you get is upsetting. The casing takes up almost twice the space that the actual product needs.
The formula is super creamy, but stays in the lines of the lips very well without lip liner and doesn't bleed. The colors ombré together very easily. Before I come to a complete conclusion on this product I may go out and purchase another color and see how I feel about it once I like the color more.
There are a lot of things I like about it, but some fairly important ones I could do without. I'd love to see either more product or less packaging...

No comments: