Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rescue me! Cold Weather Remedy

I was given Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream as a Christmas gift and I tried it out once last winter and wasn't particularly happy with it, but now that the weather is getting colder, my skin needs a little bit of a rescue from the dryness. On the packaging it says it's for normal to combination skin, and while I don't consider myself to fit either of these categories I tried it out anyway. It comes in a quite handy little glass pot, which makes it easy to get product out without risking squirting it everywhere or wasting a ton that you can't end up getting out of the container. It doesn't have a particularly noticeable scent, which I find to be a positive because I don't much care for putting chemicals on my face that have the chance of giving me acne (which perfumed lotions do a lot more often than I feel they should).

The consistency was at first a little disconcerting for me. It 's more fluid than I had expected initially, but it works to the products advantage in a way because it is super light on the skin and doesn't leave behind a residue like some lotions can. It also definitely moisturizes. I find my skin to be quite dry most days and this lotion worked like a charm, even though it was for normal to combination skin. The formula is super easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which you all know I love using less when I can.

The only real problem I have with it is that it seems to make my skin tingle (in a not so pleasant manner) after I put it on, and this continues until it dries. This isn't particularly going to stop me from using the product, though I may read the ingredients and speak to a doctor to determine if I have some kind of sensitivity to something in the product.

I do hesitate to use any moisturizers around my nose however so I will have to try this out and see how I feel about it on my nose, because it is particularly oily (but somehow my skin is still dry).

As always, stay beautiful!
(And warm...)
BNB

No comments: