Tuesday, October 7, 2014

One Use Sample: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

This product was a one use sample that I received in the mail. But let me say right away, this product was not at all what I expected, and I'll give you the reasons why straight up.

1. I felt like the general quality wasn't spot on for this one.
2. I felt like the color payoff wasn't what I expected it to be. I know it's supposed to be between a gloss and a lipstick, but it wasn't really tinted right.
3. I had to really pile it on my lips to get the color to show up.
4. The color was so brown-ish that it didn't suit my skintone at all. the packaging it came in made it seem more like a deep wine red than a brown red.

I've never used many clinique products because I find them to be pretty expensive, but I thought I'd give it a try. Sadly, I was unimpressed, but at least I hadn't purchased and entire tube of product only to be disappointed.

No comments: