Friday, October 2, 2015

Fit Me Foundation: Battle Royale

I took it upon myself to try out both of the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation lines in order to determine which would be best for someone like me with pretty much normal skin. I have my occasional dry patches, but wasn't sure which foundation would work best. Personally, I've always been a fan of the matte finished face, so the Matte and Poreless version was my natural first pick. It made my face have a chalky appearance that I had been struggling with when trying out matte foundations. I went ahead and bought the Dewy and Smooth version instead, and was pleasantly surprised as to how lovely it sat on the skin without looking cakey or chalky. I fell in love with it after several uses and it's now my go to foundation every day. I'm surprised that my skin does not work well with mattifying foundations, but at least I know it wasn't how I was applying it that was the issue. I love using my sponge to apply these, but I've also been known to use a brush as well. I use my Matte and Poreless to cover small areas and add a slight highlight since it is one shade lighter, but o will never again use it on my whole face. I love the formula of both as well as the coverage they offer. They are build able coverage from medium to heavy coverage. I wouldn't say full coverage because my freckles and scars still show through after several applications one over top the other. All in all this foundation is a total win. Both formulations are lovely, however my skin prefers the dewy to the matte version.

Keep warm and Stay beautiful, ladies.
BNB

No comments: