Friday, December 30, 2016

Things I Need To Stop Buying

I've been on a decluttering spree now that it's come time to start moving furniture and redecorating and I've started to realize that I buy a lot of things I never end up using much. I find them interesting at the time but never really get into them enough to have spent the money. And unfortunately this applies to both my makeup and my daily life.

The list of things I need to stop buying in 2017 is as follows:

1. Candy: I never eat much candy as it is, and I frequently buy so much that I end up throwing it away because it goes bad or because I lose interest in eating it. I'm not big on eating sweets, but boy do I love to buy them.

2. Cream Eyeshadow: I enjoy them when I first get them, but then it just becomes a hassle to use them up before they dry out. I can't convince myself that using them as a base is something I enjoy.

3. Single Eyeshadows: This mainly applies to the ones I can't depot into palettes I already own, because I tend to reach for a palette faster than a single any day. There's a few colors I reach for as singles, mainly my Milani Bella Eyes colors because they're the perfect shimmery highlight color for the eyes, but I shouldn't be allowed to have more things like this because I just don't go for them enough.

4. Lip Glosses: I literally never wear lip gloss. Trying to pan what I already have is a huge task in itself, as the last thing I need to do is buy more while I still have this many to use up. I have probably two favorites that I'll actually pull out and enjoy putting on but beyond that, they need to go and never return.

5. Stilettos: I have knee and back problems; this should go without saying... If I can't walk long distances in it I can't have it. But more importantly, if I can't walk down a hill or the stairs without assistance from another human being or a hand rail I am NOT allowed to own the shoe. I don't care how pretty they are they hurt me and I need to wear more practical shoes in my daily life. (I have since declutter rd myself down to 3 pairs of stilettos that I can't bear to part with just yet.)

6. Nail Polish: Seriously, I own pretty much every color I could possibly ever wear, and there's no way I will ever finish them I have so many. Fancy top coats are my worst enemy though, I started buying up sheer colored top coats and milky white ombré top coats a while back and I never use them. I.Have.To.Stop.
And then glitter top coats became a purchase, and I've literally worn maybe 2 of them ever.

7. Colored Mascara/Liner: I just don't use them. Trying to pan what liners I have has been killing me this year. I threw away all the colored mascaras because they were WAY past their expiration, but the liners are all untouched except for the occasional swatch. I don't wear anything but black liner and mascara so I shouldn't even bother spending my money on anything else.

If I can manage to stop buying these things, 2017 will be a great year for my budget. Leave me a comment with one thing you have to stop buying in your life.

Happy Holidays, have a wonderful New Year and, as always, Stay Beautiful!

BNB

No comments: