Sunday, March 1, 2015

Low Tide on the Arbonne Ocean

This is one of those products that I tried so hard to love, but I just couldn't. I tried it for months, on and off, hoping that maybe this time I would fall in love with it. I was kind of shocked, because I do love Arbonne so much when I am given products from one of my friends who is a representative, but I just couldn't get into this one. The Aromassentials Awaken Sea Salt Scrub just kind of fell flat for me. It cleanses amazingly, and I love the idea of using salt instead of the sand-like grit that a lot of scrubs use. But I couldn't get past the fact that the soap itself in the product leaves my skin feeling like it's coated in an oily film when I wash it off. I already have some struggles with oily skin and acne, and using this scrub makes me worry it will only make my acne issues worse. I thought maybe I hadn't washed all of the soap off and that's what caused it to feel slick and filmy on my face, so the next time I gave it a try I spent more time rinsing and rubbing it off. But the oily feeling persisted. I love how it makes my skin feel so clean, but it's not worth the risk of breakouts for me to keep using it. I'm sorry to say I will not be repurchasing this product.

I love so many things about Arbonne, but this product is sadly not one of them, not for lack of trying.

No comments: